Now here's a water gun that means business. In this report, contributor JLspacemarine shows off his CPS Custom Assault Rifle, which features an onboard water reservoir, a spherical rubber bladder, a functional trigger system, and a nifty black paintjob. Check it out!
- CPS Custom Assault Rifle, about homemade water guns and physics. Written by JLspacemarine on 2009-08-03.
- What the APH is and is not. Written by Ben on 2008-11-11.
- Search. Written on 2008-08-06.
- Water guns for troops. Written by Ben on 2008-08-02.
- Homemade nozzle laminator, about homemade water guns and physics. Written by JLspacemarine on 2008-07-20.
- Hydroblitz Internals, about images, audio, and video. Written on 2008-06-25.
- Contact us. Written on 2008-06-20.
- Buying discontinued water guns. Written by Ben on 2008-06-20.
- Are homemade water guns dangerous?. Written by Ben on 2008-06-12.
- Internals Explained. Written by Drenchenator on 2008-06-03.
Recently updated articles
- Homemade water guns, about homemade water guns and physics. Written on 2007-11-01.
- Versatile Hose System. Written by C-A_99 on 2008-05-21.
- Latex rubber tubing. Written by Ben on 2008-05-23.
- Air pressure homemade, about homemade water guns and physics. Written by Ben on 2007-08-09.
- How water guns work. Written by Silence on 2007-12-09.
- Tactics FAQ, about Super Soaker Central. Written on 2007-11-22.
- General FAQ, about Super Soaker Central. Written on 2007-11-22.
- Supercannon II, about homemade water guns and physics. Written by Ben on 2007-12-26.
- Missing parts, about repairs and modifications. Written by Ben on 2008-01-02.
- Pump Seal Repair, about repairs and modifications. Written by Silence on 2007-02-12.
Written by Ben on 12-03-2011
The forum is now in archive mode. Registration and new posts are disabled except for moderators and administrators. A list of questions and answers is in the next post.
Written by Ben on 11-24-2011
As had been detailed before (http://forums.sscentral.org/showthread.php?t=6650), these forums are too old to maintain well. When I have the time in December, I will disable new posts and new user registrations and set up some appropriate notices to funnel those interested in water gun discussions to WaterWar.net (http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/). It's been a good 8 years, but everything must come to an end, and this is the end of the SSC forums. This also means the end of active development of the SSC website, which admittedly has not been updated much in the past few years. Please note that the forums will remain online for as long as I can manage. They will merely be set up as an archive. I do not guarantee that the forums will remain online indefinitely, so please backup anything you find has value.
Written by Ben on 09-13-2011
A week and a half ago someone uploaded a new index.html file to our images subdomain. I believe this was due to the permissions of the public_html directory being too permissive as there is no indication that the hacker knows any of SSC's passwords. I have changed the appropriate passwords regardless and have removed the file. Firefox and other browsers may report that images.sscentral.org is an attack site because of this hack. I'm working on fixing that. Edit: This was fixed rather quickly.
Written by Ben on 07-28-2011
I will spend a few hours in early August going through the website and forum to clean it up a bit. Many of our website pages are dated and could use newer information. If you have any ideas to help clean up the website, please let me know here. My main ideas so far involve refocusing the homemades section to make the differences between the designs more clear. I'd also like to remove anything I think might be dangerous. If I have time, I might redo the APH guide with different parts to improve the build quality and safety, but that's doubtful at the moment.